Our Favorite Culture & Employee Engagement Statistics
Culture impacts every corner of your business. Leadership stays on the same page. Employees are happier and, therefore, more engaged and productive. Prospective employees are more interested in joining and staying with your company. Perhaps most importantly, all these components work together to give your company its competitive advantage.
Don’t believe us? We’ll let the numbers speak for themselves. Check out the below statistics on the power of company culture and employee engagement.
Culture as a Competitive Advantage
- 94% of executives and 88% of employees believe a distinct workplace culture is important to business success. Via Deloitte.
- Employees’ overall ratings of their company’s qualities — like collaboration, work environment, and mission and value alignment — are 20% higher at companies with strong cultures. These qualities help winning cultures keep employees aligned and motivated. Via CultureIQ.
- 13 companies that have appeared on Fortune’s annual 100 Best Companies to Work For list every year also see higher average annual returns, with cumulative returns as high as 495% instead of 170% (Russel 3000) and 156% (S&P 500). (Source: CFO)
- Companies with strong cultures saw a 4x increase in revenue growth. (Source: Forbes)
- Being named a Best Place to Work is associated with a .75% stock jump. (Source: Glassdoor)
- 82% of respondents to this survey believe that culture is a potential competitive advantage. (Source: Deloitte)
Leadership and Culture
- 86% of employees at strong cultures feel their senior leadership listens to employees, compared with 70% of employees at non-winning cultures. (Source: CultureIQ)
- Only 12% of executives believe their companies are driving the ‘right culture’. (Source: Deloitte)
- Fewer than one in three executives (28%) report that they understand their organization’s culture. They know culture is important, but don’t understand it. (Source: Deloitte)
- 70% of the variance between lousy, good, and great cultures can be found in the knowledge, skills, and talent of the team leader. (Source: Gallup)
- Only 19% of executives believe their company has the ‘right culture’. (Source: Deloitte)
- 90% of employees at winning company cultures are confident in their company’s leadership team. (Source: CultureIQ)