It’s that time of year where many of us are scrambling to the finish line to file our 2015 taxes. Due to Washington, D.C.’s observance of Emancipation Day, which falls on April 15 this year, the IRS is deferring to the legal holiday. That means taxes aren’t due until April 18! Even sweeter are the tax freebies that a few major brands are doling out.
Whether you’re in for a small windfall or you’re waiting until the last minute to fork over your cash to Uncle Sam, reward yourself with some free treats on Tax day!
Who’s got the goods:
- Great American Cookies will be handing out free chocolate chip cookies (one per customer) on Tax Day, at participating locations throughout the country.
- Hard Rock Café has got you covered for those wanting to celebrate in song — and a free hamburger. Here’s the catch: in order to receive a free burger, guests have to sing for their meal.
- Kona Ice (also a 2015 Top Company Cultures winner!) will be giving away free tropical shaved ice nationwide. How sweet is that? You can find the company’s truck parked at post offices, tax preparation centers, and businesses all over the country, handing out free cups of shaved ice and Hawaiian leis.
- Chili’s will be serving $5 Presidente Margaritas on Tax Day. So if you want to have a budget friendly powwow with your team, they’ve got you covered.
- Staples: Will be taking care of your administrative needs by shredding up to 5 pounds of paper on April 18th.
You’ve worked hard to file your taxes on time, so why not treat yourself to some freebies? Be sure to cash in on these tax day freebies and let us know what you get!